Skip to content Skip to menu

Back to Concessionary Travel info

Apply for a new pass

Which concession are you applying for?

Select one

What do you want to do?

Select one

Your information

All applicants must fill in this section


Upload your photograph

Please make sure that your photograph meets our digital standards. If your photograph is unsuitable, your application may be delayed and cannot be processed until we receive a suitable photograph:

Your photograph must be:

  1. recent
  2. colour
  3. passport size
  4. showing your full face without a hat
  5. good quality
  6. taken against a white or pale background

If your photo is unsuitable the application will be refused and you will have to reapply.

Drop your files here or click ‘Upload’


File type JPG only
Max size 10MB

Upload proof of where you live

You must be a permanent resident in the Merseyside area (in the local authority areas of Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral). Click here to see if your address is within Merseyside. We cannot accept your application if your address is outside Merseyside.

You must provide photographic proof of your address to confirm that you are a permanent resident within the Merseyside area. It must be dated within the last 12 months. We will accept the following:

  • Council Tax Bill or
  • Utility Bill or
  • Bank Statement or
  • A similar bill which shows your name and address.

Drop your files here or click ‘Upload’


File types JPG or PDF only
Max size 10MB

Upload proof of your age / identity

To apply online you must be able to provide proof of age and photo identification. We only accept the following:

  • A copy of your passport clearly showing your photo or
  • A copy of your photo card driving licence or

  • A copy of your Identity Card or
  • A copy of your Asylum Card

Don’t have any of this information?

If you do not have any photographic proof of age, you will need to take your Birth Certificate and apply in person at one of our Merseytravel Centres. For details of all our locations and opening times please click here.

Drop your files here or click ‘Upload’


File types JPG or PDF only
Max size 10MB

Evidence of your benefits

If you receive Universal Credit, Employment Support Allowance, Job Seekers Allowance, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit or Income Support please upload a copy of the letter confirming this.

Drop your files here or click ‘Upload’


File types JPG or PDF only
Max size 10MB

Declare and sign

Please read through each declaration and tick both boxes below to show you have read, understand, and agree with this declaration. Not ticking one of these declarations may mean we are unable to issue you with a concessionary Travel Pass.

I confirm that, as far as I know, the details I have provided are complete and accurate.

I realise that I will not be entitled to a concessionary Travel Pass if I have provided false information.

I confirm that the photograph I have provided is a true likeness.

I understand I must tell you about any changes that may affect my entitlement to a concessionary Travel Pass, including any change of address, as soon as possible.

I understand that you will deal with all documents relating to this application in line with General Data Protection Regulations and you may share them with other local authorities and the police to detect and prevent fraud.


By typing your name electronically in the signature box on this application form you agree, acknowledge and intend that this will constitute your signature for the purposes of this application.